Friday 5 June 2009

'We're here for the music'

It was a slow, slow day in the shop on Wednesday. Is it the nature of Wednesdays? A throw back to half day closing? This practice still exists in the 'County Town'. Or it did the last time I tried to buy replacement pulley cord on a Wednesday (It's a cord for operating pulleys. Pulleys were the forerunners of spin driers.) I bought one for my wife's Christmas once. Unfortunately, the cord frays after a time. Maybe half day closing throughout Europe could be the answer to the so called credit crunch. I'll come back to that one.

Anyway, I wasn't supposed to be on duty on Wednesday but Margaret couldn't manage and I could. The ironing basket was empty and I needed a cure for an acute dose of cabin fever.

I'd just got set up when Sultry Sue schmoozed me by telephone and I responded positively to her charms. It's not what you think. There is something very calming about working in the shop. The energy is good and there is nothing to do but be there.


The High Street was the place to be last Saturday. An eclectic mix of live music was on tap from the mainstage, burgers were sizzlin', sun was a-blazin', moods were upbeat, and the craft stalls were manned by some of the ACA Irregulars. This was the second Montrose Music Festival and what a weekend of music and fun it was! I have a feeling we'll all be back next year. I enclose

some pics from Linda

'We're here for the music.' says the sticker behind my head. That's because we're licensed to play it. So today I had Miles for company( Doo-doo-doo-do-do-do-do-dah).

No comments: