Thursday 25 September 2008

To what purpose?


I think I know why I've opened this Blog but in truth, I haven't really thought it through properly. I've just done it. I suppose I've always had a hankering to 'blog' but could never justify the time or effort. Nor could I find a reason for having one. Maybe I do now.

Last night I attended the AGM of Angus Crafts Association in Letham Village Hall. That's Letham in Angus, not Perth & Kinross. If it had been in Perth & Kinross it would have been the Perth and Kinross Crafts Association, but it's not, it's Angus. New members were required for the committee and I suppose by default, as it is with agms being little clamour for nominations, I was suggested along with three other gullible but nonetheless fascinating souls. In fact, there was little clamour of members even to attend (and Janet mentioned this in AOCB - more of Janet later under AOCB).
For those who knew me pre-crafting days, I'm sure their eyebrows would have been raised at my acceptance and willingness to participate. They may even assume that because of my hearing difficulty, I didn't fully understand what was going on and thought I was volunteering for a wine tasting evening with dominoes. Ah, people change.

So, here I am with my blog and membership of the ACA Committee. My remit, as I was told (which of course is the way of democratic co-operatives), was PR man, dealing with the media, press officer, and all things that would help promote ACA in every sense. Also, as it is with these things, I have no background, expertise or experience in these matters.......but I do own more than one camera and a biro.

As you can tell, I'm off to a flyer! I would have been an even higher flyer if Dr Maura , Secretary and all round good egg, hadn't beaten me to it with a Wiki (interesting idea to be beaten with a wiki) .

Let's get back to my initial point. I hope this blog, as well as being a personal chronicle of my association with the Association, will help promote the aspirations, values and downright goodness of the crafters of ACA whom I have had the pleasure to meet and work with over the past 18 months (I welcome their input to this blog as well). In the coming posts, you will have the pleasure of meeting them all and I apologise now if I go too far in describing their traits (especially Steve, Beachcomber, Geordie, Chairperson, and last night............ spiv).

See you later. I'm 'beating' up Glen Clova tomorrow.

2 comments:

Blue Daisy said...

Never thought of you as colluding to murder pheasants!

Nice blog - keep it up!

Brian said...

No, no, I'm a terrorist beater. I let the birds (partridges btw) go past me. They tell their friends and before you know it, flocks of them are aiming for me and life. In fact, If not for me,many more would perish.