Sunday 28 September 2008

I should really explain a bit about ACA but I can't be bothered so I'll copy some info from the ACA website. You can also link to this from the right hand menu.

'Following research by Angus Council, craft workers were offered the opportunity to come together to discuss their needs and aspirations. After an initial meeting in March 2004, which over forty crafters attended, a steering group was formed and with financial help from Angus Council, ACA was established. Since the inaugural meeting in October 2004, the ACA has formed into a structured group dedicated to fostering and promoting crafts made in Angus.'

I didn't know this. Praise to Angus 'Cooncil' for their initiative and bold forward thinking. Praise also to the pioneering crafters who launched the Association in those early days.

But enough praise for one post. In the near future I feel I may need to comment on some of the 'Cooncil's' present practices and policies (or lack of them) but for the moment I'll leave their integrity and reputation unchallenged. Steve, we really do need to confer on this.

I've just remembered that it's my wedding anniversary tomorrow and all the shops, apart from T**co are closed. Do I have time to craft a card?

3 comments:

Blue Daisy said...

I know someone who makes lovely jewellery!

Brian said...

But do you deliver evenings...like pizza? You probably do!

Blue Daisy Jewellery - Carry-Out Jewellery!

Wee Mack's Mum said...

Phew! Made it! It was harder work getting in to the blog than finding it. I too hope I can find my way back here?
Which paper did you see the story in? so I can get a copy. Brian does take good photos.
I am in the shop Wednesday so I hope to have a busy time.