Thursday 20 November 2008

Five Star Pie


'Neck', a London-Irish Celtic-punk band play Montrose Town Hall on Saturday Night with 'Sons of the Soil' as Support. Looking forward to doing the photies for that. I think tickets will be on sale at the door if you fancy a 'hoolie'.
Last night I witnessed Diego Maradona's debut as Argentina's manager at Hampden Park. Not the most exciting contest I've ever been to but......as always, the Hampden steak pies were gloriously juicy and tasty! They're possibly worth the drive and late return home? It was Amy Macdonald's 'shottie' to sing our 'past it's sell buy date', anthem, 'Flower of Scotland'. I thought she did well, although the tune does not lend itself too easily to improvisation. It was difficult to concentrate fully on it tho' because I was eating my pie at the time with gravy running into my jacket.

Unusually, 'The Corona' on Pollockshaws Road, was quiet for pre-match refreshments. First time ever we've got seats and were served on arrival.

Even although I was well stocked with Midget Gems, maybe I'm getting too old for these trips.

I see we're nearly at 1000 hits on the Blog. Pity more than half have been me. I wonder who the 1000th visitor will be? Me?

No comments: