Friday 22 May 2009

Big Sharon's Egg

I shared Wednesday's shop time with Lesley, who had just flown in from Florida with a tan and her usual flourish. I'd had a quiet morning customerwise but I did get a lot of stuff stuck down. Morag popped in with her tennis elbow, poor thing. So no Wimbledon for her this year. John explained his plans for the 'House' which were interesting and I hope successful. On Sunday there is a 'Bentley' Convention with more than 100 vehicles expected. John should be charging for the car park now. Janet will be run off her feet with packed lunches I expect. I may take a turn up myself to see these classic cars and click my shutter. This week, walkers have been crossing Scotland coast to coast and one of them arrived in the shop. I think she was a little off course. She had taken the advice of a local farmer and headed down for a coffee at Janet's, or it may have been vegtable soup. Who cares? Anyways, she was a weatherbeaten walker woman who was surprised and delighted to have found us. She is to post our presence on the TGO website so other 'step we gaily' folks know where we are. I like this kind of visitor, even tho' they don't buy anything. She asked if we sold badges to stick on her rucksack. 'This is a CRAFT SHOP!' I squawked mimicking TCM. btw. Big Sharon's egg was delicious. I had it hard boiled.

1 comment:

Blue Daisy said...

Hey, what happened to the jalopies?