Sunday 10 May 2009

Mingle and Vet

City Hall Brechin is an interesting and retro venue. My first visit.
I pondered if it had changed much over the years. Had the Tremeloes or Applejacks played here in the 60's? Had Wee Jimmy Fletcher wowed the citizens with his Scottish Variety shows in the 50's? Had the Alexander Brothers, Will Starr, Calum Kennedy or the great Robert Wilson entered these portals and tread the boards to 'heugh ' and 'tartan holler'? I was in nostalgic, and slightly melancholy mood. Saturday was not a good day and didn't improve but I did like the City Halls.

The occasion was an ACA soiree for members to meet prospective new members, mingle, network, vet and enrol. The usual Irregulars were out in force or as Steve the chairperson put it 'Old Faces'. An unfortunate phrase for most of us and one which Linda H tutted about once I had pointed it out to her. I wish I hadn't. Sometime I'll make a list of the Top Ten things I wish I hadn't said. This one would not make the cut tho'. Oh no.

Janet of course had laid on a tasty spread which was enjoyed. Samples were later seen disappearing out the door in 'doggie-bags' to be consumed later with cordials of choice. Speaking of which, the soiree had a cordial vibe and the prospective new members were a keen and friendly batch. 'The more the merrier!', I say.
So far, I haven't mentioned that the Association has now opened up its membership doors to those firth of Angus. We are now a 'National' Association which I'm sure will improve our standing in the crafting world and enhance the brand.

What I learned today.

Peter was in the Horse Guards making him a 'Picadilly Cowboy'.
Sue brushes up really well.
Joan is not called Janet.
Two cats are pregnant.
John needs help buying tops.
Name stickers can be stuck to skin.

No comments: