Sunday 15 November 2009

Kingennie Reflection

I used to define success as scoring from a corner.
Nowadays, I'm a little more circumspect although still slightly confused about most things. On Friday, I thought that the point of having a stall at a Craft Fair was to make a few bob and gleefully count the takings at the end of the day. It's now Sunday and I think I'm a wiser man. The 'takings' at Kingennie over the two days would just about cover a Tikka Massala, Korma, Lamb Bhuna and a coupla Nans from the Indian Cottage, so no sign of a yacht on the horizon there. However, I am a richer man for the time spent with some special people in a superb setting(the light over the 'dub' was stunning). The vibe from working alongside the ACA Irregulars is priceless and it's a pleasure to spend time among them. They know who they are so no naming names but I will mention some new crafterchums who added to the mix. There was Mandy from 'Snugglefluff Angels' Snugglefluff Angels Diana with her stylish silver jewellery diana king jewellery Roy and Pat of 'Gallowglass'Gallowglass and the good folks from Roslin and 'Heatherbelle'.
Now at this point, the wonderful Agnes will be wondering why she hasn't had a mention. Well here it is. Agnes and Mo of 'Cobweb Crafts' were our neighbours over the two days and finer neighbours would be hard to find. It's amazing how well you can get to know folk very quickly. I reckon it's the 'Blink' factor..... you just know. Agnes and Mo were great fun and easy to hang out with and we hope to see them again sometime. It was good to meet Mo's Mum and Dad too! Behind me, Linda kept me in order and was good company on the Saturday despite her queasiness. Her substitute, Kirsty, did a sterling job on the Sunday and I enjoyed our session of 'blue sky thinking' and our mutual dislike of Christmas music.

Hopefully these new crafterchums will continue their association with ACA and soon become fully fledged 'ACA Irregulars'. My apologies again to Bertie for describing her Saturday dress sense as 'drab' but compared to the blast of colour which was the Fabulous Ms Tessa Mendes, it was. Now, Sunday was a different matter........ and a different outfit. Young Bertie Girl was all shimmering and sparkling and I post a photo to prove it. I think everyone benefited from your Sunday effort Bert.

Many thanks to all!

No comments: