Thursday 23 October 2008

Outside it was a grey, wet, windy, miserable Wednesday. Inside, Joan and I were glowing! Yes we were! With coffee on tap and time to reflect, the day flew by in that uncanny way that it does. There were so few visitors that instead of tallying the numbers, we took their names. Most of them worked at Cafe Dun next door so it was like old friends popping in for a chat. However, a sale was made(one of Peter's clocks). I think it's possible that Joan sends decoys to buy Peter's stuff on quiet days.

Tried to contact Steve about tomorrow's meeting with the enterprise guru but got his answering machine. I may make a habit of it as his partner has an engaging accent which appealed to me.

Lunch involved first class vegetable soup at Cafe Dun and fine conversation with the charming staff 'who had time to chat' today. Alice and I mused on where we'd gone wrong.

Helped Janet and Linda shuffle a large cabinet. I shall refrain from making an obvious political joke there although it's tempting. My lifting skills earned me a slice of date and pecan pie. I said there was no need but Janet told me 'in no uncertain terms' that there was. Janet is not a woman to be trifled with when it comes to desserts.

Just as I was closing, the shop filled with a family of four. I assessed the situation and continued 'cashing up' (today it didn't take long). It's funny, you can tell when a sale is on the horizon. They were just searching for places to stay out of the rain. Switching the lights off soon got rid of them.

No comments: