Friday 13 March 2009

'It's always quicker when someone else takes them off.'


Tessa, doodler supreme! Welcome to the world of Bloggin' and thanks for explaining further the great paint mystery. To be truthful, I think it would have enhanced your reputation and legend no end if you had bought the wrong paint. As it was, your jolly jape at my expense faltered because of my lack of understanding and 'dozintness'. Did you make those red earrings you were wearing last night ? I liked them.

I collected my dust sheets from the shop today and they are flapping on a clothes line as I write. When I arrived, ensconced in a the corner table of Cafe Dun devouring sandwiches and crisps, were the usual suspects. They said they had been making the finishing touches to the shop shelves, walls and cabinets but I think there had been more tomfoolery than anything else. Certainly Bertie was dressed in a Jester's top. Having had the nerve to criticise my tie (oft admired by others I may say) that Bertie Girl had a nerve, what?. I was feeling rather smug as I was the only one who had earned any corn today. This fact was not lost on Maura who mentioned the fact with a slight hint of scorn.

Sheenaaaaaghhhhhh, whom Janet P calls Georgina (confusing) reversed her motor and demolished part of the boundary wall on her arrival. Although, the wall was not to blame, Sheenagh reckoned the motor was more than a little at fault. Only she knows why. This of course would not have happened if the new parking regulations had not been enforced ( see earlier post). Maura had, as always, done a sterling job in writing letters to members about a forthcoming EGM, collecting envelopes from Joan, buying stamps and printing labels. What a Gal! As a team we folded, inserted, stuck and labelled to catch the afternoon stage. Janet P, the Association philosopher, mused that when sticking down labels, ' It was always quicker when someone else took them off'. Indeed, no one argued with that sentiment and many transferred the statement to other situations.

It was good that Janet McF brought a certain gravitas to the occasion.

2 comments:

Wee Mack's Mum said...

Thank you for your kind words, if truth be known, I don't think I could have got a word in edgeways to join in the banter! I did like you tie though!!

Brian said...

I'm chuffed that you liked my tie Janet. It's not often that I wear one nowadays and when I do, it's upsetting to be 'bantered' by hippy-chicks in clowns' outfits. Therefore your good taste and sense of style is appreciated. I shall post my tie on this Blog soon and let our reader decide.