Saturday 21 March 2009

Imagine Maura's Kitchen


See blogs, you leave them for a wee while and twenty people sneak on while you open another bottle of Shiraz. AND none of them leave a comment or say who they are. Apart from the tell tale counter number, I'd never know they'd sneaked on. Who are these people? Maybe I should ditch the counter?

So this blog's Irregulars were all at the Letham Craft Fair today hawking their wares. I'm not sure if anyone will be able to retire on today's takings apart from me. I'm retired as it is. Janet P (see photo), organiser of the event, chef, philosopher, cheerleader, Texan and all round good egg, rallied the troops first thing by announcing that there would be 'no damned credit crunch in the hall today!' . Spookily, there was none!

S'funny, one of the attractions of these jamborees is that you meet folks that you haven't seen for years. Today I met ex-work colleagues, ex-pupils, ex-pupils' parents, and some complete strangers. Now, it's hard to recall what we spoke about but it was certainly faintly interesting at the time. You also notice how quickly everyone has become older.

Maura has two dogs, five cats and four chickens. This morning, Keith was en route to buy another two chickens. What the hell is Maura and Keith's kitchen like?

The Irregulars will be back tomorrow with their 'please buy something from my stall' smiles and whole hearted chumminess. I my friend, will be the standard bearer. Mind you, if you're going to hang out at a Craft Fair, you'd be best hangin' out with the ACA Irregulars.

'Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.' Albert Einstein

4 comments:

Blue Daisy said...

What is going on with the clock on your posts??
As for my kitchen - well it's full of animal food and mostly the pets don't get in there!
I have a good photo of the new chook on my phone but don't know how to get it onto PC so will show you later today!

Brian said...

I've noticed the clock on my posts too. Beats me. I 'm sure our other reader would like to see your new chook. Indeed, your whole brood would make a fine group photo. See you later.

Wee Mack's Mum said...

So that you are not left wondering who was on the Blog, twas me notching up another number - who the hell cares anyway, we only come on for a laugh!!

Blue Daisy said...

Hey, you fixed it - ain't you clever?