Monday 30 March 2009

Opening Soon


A fresh smell of paint and shampooed carpet will welcome the first visitors to 'Crafts of Angus Showcase and Shop' at the House of Dun this week. Our shop opens for the season on Wednesday 1 April. Crafters are busily setting out their stock as I write. It's always exciting, and like the time of year, offers hope and promise. All the usual ACA Irregulars will be displaying and we've two newcomers in the shape of Michael Kay (silversmith) and Geoff Riley (artist). Cafe Dun is also opening and I can't wait to once again sample Janet's soups and mouthwatering desserts. Cafe and shop are closed Mondays and Tuesdays for the moment. I'll give you times and dates later.

Said hello to a customer on the High Street this morning. She asked if I was the chap she went hillwalking with? I replied, 'No, that wasn't me. He's much older than I am.'

3 comments:

Wee Mack's Mum said...

Are you the Hillwalking kind?

Wee Mack's Mum said...

The shop is stocked and ready in waiting for our fourth season visitors. Maura will open the doors to the crowds in one hours time - hope you've got enough cards to go round?

Brian said...

Janet, I have been known to hillwalk and have a number of Munros under my bootheels.