Wednesday 4 March 2009

Paint Splattered!

Today, crafterchums started to spruce up the shop in readiness for its opening on 1 April. All arrived with ladders, brushes, rollers, buckets and all items required to splash paint around.
It was a good job that Sue had remembered to bring paint. She's a wonderful woman. It was good that we were muffled up against the chill and Janet soon had the kettle on. She had brought tea, coffee, biscuits aplenty and milk. Janet thinks of everything and is also a wonderful woman. Michael approached the morning with his usual professionalism and was attired as if for biological warfare. He was foregoing hearing his daughter on radio this morning to wield a paintbrush and is a selfless gentleman of some stature (especially in a protective jumpsuit). Bertie appeared with an excited dog. It occurred to all I'm sure that this was not one of Bert's better ideas. The dog was put in the car. Bertie also dressed for work pulling paint splattered items on top of her usual paint splattered items. It was not long before Bertie was paint splattered but still looked good. I brought my son, Ritchie. Well, he could do my share of the work while I checked my texts and generally moved things around in a busy fashion. I hate painting' especially preparing the surface! Sue quickly adopted a 'gaffer' mentality and insisted on all surfaces being prepared. I mimed. Janet brewed another coffee and we had more biscuits. Shelves were sanded and wiped clean. Michael and I were gently reprimanded by the 'gaffer' for chatting. 'There's work to be done' she warmly reminded. Sue has an assertive side which is always attractive. Meanwhile, Janet was putting on the kettle and Bertie was focussing tightly on shelving and trying not to get more paint on herself than on the shelf. 'This paint doesn't seem to go far?' she observed. I think we all knew why. We're doing it all again tomorrow.

No comments: